Wednesday 22 October 2014

The right to be disappointed in someone else.

Who do people think they are?

To look at someone else's actions/words/life and to pass judgement is wrong I think.

"Judge not lest ye be judged." - Matthew 7:1-3

Is that the essence of why we judge one another? Because then everyone can be judged indiscriminately? That can't be right.

I have an intense dislike of people passing any kind of  judgement.

I am not completely free of the urge yet but I am consciously working on it.

I will do my utmost to see the best in every situation/person I encounter because I would rather be happy than sad.

I would rather other people were happy (and loved as I am) than unhappy and I would not deliberately hurt anyone and I think passing judgement is hurtful. (That stands irrespective of what they may have 'done' to me).

No one does anything to you beyond that of their actual 'behaviour'. There lies the end of their power. It is how you respond to that behaviour that ultimately matters. That is where the true power of people lies.

"It ain’t what they call you, it’s what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

I don't think I have always been this way, but it has always been the way I was heading.

Perhaps this is the biggest lesson to pass on to my children?

Be accepting of others. Be tolerant. Be understanding. Send out love, empathy and kindness.

The world needs more of those.

N



No comments:

Post a Comment